School of Cleveland Ballet’s 2022 Summer Intensive
Join School of Cleveland Ballet for their 2022 Summer Intensive! Housing, transportation, and food are available, along with weekend activities to explore Cleveland's amazing city! The intensive will culminate with a Summer Workshop. Send in your audition materials today to reserve your spot!
Dates: Tuesday, July 5th - Saturday, July 30th 2022; Classes will take place Monday-Saturday with the exception of the first week beginning on Tuesday, July 5th.
Time: 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (subject to change)
Tuition: $810-$1350 depending on age and level placement; $100 performance fee
Housing, Meals, and Transportation: Housing, meals, and transportation are available and will be provided upon request. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after acceptance to learn more. Housing, meals, and transportation are not included in the tuition price.
Weekend Outings: Every Sunday during the intensive, School of Cleveland Ballet will offer a chaperoned outing to one of Cleveland's fantastic attractions. Please email email@example.com after acceptance to learn more.
Dress Code: All levels will be required to wear plain black leotards in any style.
Audition Fee: Due to the turbulent times, School of Cleveland Ballet understands the financial burden and will not be collecting audition fees this year.
- Ballet photographs
- First arabesque (en pointe if applicable)
- Tendu à la seconde en face (in pointe shoes if applicable)
- Two images in the fifth position TAKEN FROM THE SIDE (camera should be in front and dancer should be facing a side wall so the side profile is visible): one on flat and one on relevé for men or en pointe for women
- Video of class (see requirements below)
- All audition materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 16th, 2022. Results will be released 2-4 weeks after submission.
- All classes will be following CDC guidelines and therefore space in the intensive is limited. We suggest sending your audition materials as soon as possible to secure your spot in the program pending acceptance.
- Videos may be submitted as a YouTube or Vimeo link.
- Videos must be CURRENT and filmed this audition season.
- Women should wear a simple leotard and pink tights. Men should wear tights and a snug fitting shirt. Flat shoes should be worn for barre, and pointe shoes should be worn by women for center if age and ability allows. If your location requires a mask that is acceptable to be worn as well.
- Exercises must be done on both sides and include the following elements below:
- Barre Work
- Rond de jambe (à terre & en l’air)
- Grand battement
- Center work (women should complete en pointe if age and ability allows)
- Pirouettes (fifth position, fourth position en dehors and en dedan)
- Petit allegro (sauté, jeté)
- Grand allegro (assemblé, saut de chat)
- Pique turns for women
- Entrechat six and tours en l’air for men
- Classical variation of your choice (women should complete en pointe if age and ability allows)
- Barre Work