Cleveland Ballet’s 2021-2022 Company Auditions
Audition Fee: Due to the turbulent times, Cleveland Ballet understands the financial burden and will not be collecting audition fees this year.
The audition screening process will take part in two steps. First candidates should send their resume, images, and videos to email@example.com. Then, select candidates will be invited by the artistic director to in-person, semi-private auditions on one of the following dates: January 31st, February 7th, February 14th, or February 21st.
To be considered, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than TWO WEEKS prior to the audition date you prefer. No audition materials will be accepted after February 7th, 2021.
- ○ Resume/CV
- ○ Ballet photographs
- ■ Headshot
- ■ First arabesque (en pointe if applicable)
- ■ Tendu à la seconde en face (in pointe shoes if applicable)
- ■ Two images in the fifth position TAKEN FROM THE SIDE (camera should be in front and dancer should be facing a side wall so the side profile is visible): one on flat and one on relevé for men or en pointe for women
- ○ Video of class (see requirements below)
All in-person, semi-private classes will be following CDC guidelines and therefore space is limited. We suggest sending your audition materials as soon as possible to ensure an in-person audition, pending invitation by the artistic director.
- ○ Videos may be submitted as a YouTube or Vimeo link.
- ○ Videos must be CURRENT and filmed this audition season.
- ○ Women should wear a simple leotard and pink tights with no skirt or tutu. Men should wear tights and a snug-fitting shirt. Flat shoes should be worn for barre, and pointe shoes should be worn by women for the center. If your location requires a mask that is acceptable to be worn as well.
- ○ We understand that current spatial restrictions may not allow for some of the steps below to be completed. Modifications may be made if necessary, but please complete the requirements to the best of your ability.
- ○ Exercises must be done on both sides and include the following elements below:
- ■ Barre Work
- • Plié
- • Tendu
- • Dégagé
- • Rond de jambe (à terre & en l’air)
- • Fondu
- • Développé
- • Frappé
- • Grand battement
- ■ Center work (women should complete en pointe if age and ability allows)
- • Tendu
- • Adagio
- • Pirouettes (fifth position, fourth position en dehors and en dedan)
- • Waltz
- • Petit allegro (sauté, jeté)
- • Grand allegro (assemblé, saut de chat)
- • Pique turns for women
- • Entrechat six and tours en l’air for men
- ■ Classical variation of your choice (women should complete en pointe if age and ability allows)
- ■ Barre Work